Head of Department of Molecular Genetics Center of Medical Genetics and Primary Health Care
2011 Active Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Genetics, Yerevan State Medical University after M. Heratsi
2007 Active Head of Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Center of Medical Genetics and Primary Health Care, Yerevan, Armenia
2005-2007 Postdoctoral Fellow at International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
2004-2005 Junior Researcher at Center of Medical Genetics of National Academy of Sciences, Yerevan, Armenia
2001-2003 Doctoral Fellow at Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington-Beach, USA
2001-2004: PhD in Genetics, Center of Medical Genetics, National Academy of Sciences of Armenia
1999-2001: Master Degree in Genetics, Genetics and Cell Biology, Faculty of Biology, Yerevan State University
1995-1999: Bachelor degree in Biophysics, Faculty of Biology, Yerevan State University
Participation in International Scientific Programs:
1. Project manager of ISTC project “Nuclear and mitochondrial genetic variants and molecular bases of mitochondrial OXPHOS diseases” 2015-2017
2. Project manager of Tempus MedGen project “Developing Medical Genetics Education through Curriculum Reforms and Establishment of Postgraduate Training Programs” 2013-2016
3. Project manager of EU FP7-INCO INARMERA project “INTEGRATING ARMENIA INTO ERA” 2010-2013
4. Participant of EU FP7-HEALTH CHERISH project “Improving Diagnoses of Mental Retardation in Children in Eastern Europe and Central Asia through Genetic Characterisation and Bioinformatics/Statistics” 2009-2012
5. Project manager of ISTC project “Molecular basis of the autoinflammation developed in FMF and related disorders” 2008-2011
Research Fellowships and Trainings:
Genetic Counselling, EC Tempus MedGen project, University of Plymouth, UK, 2015
Molecular Diagnostics, Hopital Henri Mondor, Paris, France, 2011
Linkage analysis of rare forms of FMF, ISTC project, Hopital Armand Trousseau, Paris, France, 2010-2011
Whole-genome SNP-array analysis, EU FP7 CHERISH project, University of Tartu, Estonia, 2010
Cancer Epidemiology, WHO, Lyon, France, 2007
Genetic Epidemiology, WHO, Lyon, France, 2007
Registration of Cancer Diseases, WHO, Lyon, France 2007
Postdoctoral Fellowship, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France, 2005-2007
Laboratory Radiation Safety, University of California Irvine, USA, 2002
Postgraduate Fellowship, Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington Beach, CA, USA, 2001-2003
Armenian Society of Human Genetics (ASHG)
- Vallée MP, Francy TC, Judkins MK, Babikyan D, Lesueur F, Gammon A, Goldgar DE, Couch FJ, Tavtigian SV Classification of Missense Substitutions in the BRCA Genes: a Database Dedicated to Ex-UVs. Hum Mutat. 2012 Jan;33(1):22-8.
- Molecular cytogenetic characterization of a family with 3p deletion and 3p duplication cases. D. T. Babikyan, H. Mkrtchyan, S. Midyan, M. Nõukas, K. Männik, A. Hovhannesyan, A. Gasparyan1, T. Liehr3, A. Kurg2, T. F. Sarkisian. Eur. J Hum. Genet. 2012 June 20:52
- D. Babikyan, S. Midyan, K. Mannik, S. Parkel, A. Hovhannisyan, H. Mkrtchyan, A. Gasparyan, A. Kurg, T. Sarkisian. Use of SNP-array in a cohort of Armenian children with mental retardation. Eur. J Hum. Genet. 2011 May 19:136
- Le Calvez-Kelm F, Lesueur F, Damiola F, Vallee M, Voegele C, Babikyan D, Durand G, Forey N, McKay-Chopin S, Robinot N, Nguyen-Dumont T, Thomas A, Byrnes GB, Breast Cancer Family Registry T, Hopper JL, Southey MC, Andrulis IL, John EM, Tavtigian SV. Rare, evolutionarily unlikely missense substitutions in CHEK2 contribute to breast cancer susceptibility: results from a breast cancer family registry (CFR) case-control mutation screening study. Breast Cancer Res. 2011 Jan 18;13(1):R6.
- D. Babikyan, H. Hayrapetyan, T.Davtyan, T. Sarkisian. Existence of FMF-like condition unrelated to MEFV. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2010 June 18:318
- Tavtigian SV, Oefner PJ, Babikyan D, Hartmann A, Healey S, Le Calvez-Kelm F, Lesueur F, Byrnes GB, Chuang SC, Forey N, Feuchtinger C, Gioia L, Hall J, Hashibe M, Herte B, McKay-Chopin S, Thomas A, Vallée MP, Voegele C, Webb PM, Whiteman DC; Australian Cancer Study; Breast Cancer Family Registries (BCFR); Kathleen Cuningham Foundation Consortium for Research into Familial Aspects of Breast Cancer (kConFab), Sangrajrang S, Hopper JL, Southey MC, Andrulis IL, John EM, Chenevix-Trench G. Rare, evolutionarily unlikely missense substitutions in ATM confer increased risk of breast cancer. Am J Hum Genet. 2009; 85(4):427-46
- Babikyan DT, Sarkisian TF. Preliminary genetic investigation of high-risk breast cacner patients in Armenia. European Journal of Human Genetics 2009; 17:S2:191
- Spurdle AB, Lakhani SR, Healey S, Parry S, Da Silva LM, Brinkworth R, Hopper JL, Brown MA, Babikyan D, Chenevix-Trench G, Tavtigian SV, Goldgar DE; kConFab Investigators. Clinical classification of BRCA1 and BRCA2 DNA sequence variants: the value of cytokeratin profiles and evolutionary analysis--a report from the kConFab Investigators. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26(10):1657-63
- D. Babikyan, F. Lesueur, C. Voegele, M. Vallee, F.Le Calvez-Kelm, M. Hashibe, C. Shu-Chun, J. Hall, G.B. Byrnes, S.V.Tavtigian. ATM in breast cancer susceptibility. European Journal of Cancer, 2008, 6:9, p11.
- Ghochikyan A, Vasilevko V, Petrushina I, Movsesyan N, Babikyan D, Tian W, Sadzikava N, Ross TM, Head E, Cribbs DH, Agadjanyan MG. Generation and characterization of the humoral immune response to DNA immunization with a chimeric beta-amyloid-interleukin-4 minigene Eur J Immunol. 2003 Dec; 33(12):3232-41
- Cribbs D.H., Lees A., Ghochikyan A., Vasilevko V., Petrushina I., Movsesyan N., Tran M., DeVolger A., Agadjanyan M. Mannan as a Molecular Adjuvant for A-Immunotherapy. 6th International Conference on Progress in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases. New Trends in Alzheimer and Parkinson Related Disorders. Seville (Spain), 2003, p 81-85.
- Cribbs D.H. Lees A., Ghochikyan A., Vasilevko V., Petrushina I., Movsesyan N., Agadjanyan M.G. Th2 adjuvants and foreign T-cell epitopes for beta-amyloid immunotherapy. 33rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience. New Orleans (USA), 2003.
- Cribbs DH, Ghochikyan A, Vasilevko V, Tran M, Petrushina I, Sadzikava N, Babikyan D, Kesslak P, Kieber-Emmons T, Cotman CW, Agadjanyan MG. Adjuvant-dependent modulation of Th1 and Th2 responses to immunization with beta-amyloid. Int Immunol. 2003 Apr; 15(4):505-14